U’s duo join Chelmsford and Lowestoft
COLCHESTER United duo Carl Pentney and Sam Corcoran have joined East Anglian non-league clubs Chelmsford City and Lowestoft Town respectively on loan.
Keeper Pentney joins the Clarets until the end-of-the-season as the Essex club try and secure promotion from the Blue Square South (Step Two) into non-league’s top-flight.
The 21-year-old was released by Leicester City last summer and was signed as a third choice keeper by the U’s on a one-year deal last summer. He is yet to make a first team appearance for Colchester, but enjoyed a successful loan spell at Blue Square Premier side Bath City earlier this season.
Midfielder Corcoran joins the Trawlerboys on loan for a month as the Suffolk side chase a third successive promotion in the Ryman League Premier Division (Step Three).
The 20-year-old, who has made one late substitute appearance for the U’s first team, was released by manager Aidy Boothroyd last summer but resigned on a one-year deal when new boss John Ward took over.
You may also want to watch:
“They’re both young players who need more competitive football than the reserve team set-up can offer them,” said Ward.
“The good thing is that they can continue to train with us and that we’re sending them out to clubs that we trust.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 9 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
“It can only enhance what they’re doing and everyone should benefit in this situation, both the clubs and the players themselves.”
– For all the latest U’s news, see tomorrow’s EADT.