U’s earn good draw at Posh
npower League One Peterborough Utd 1 Colchester Utd 1 COLCHESTER United got an unwanted away day monkey off their back with a fine point at high-flying Peterborough.
Both sides traded blows throughout this entertaining match and in the end it was only right that no-one came away the loser – Ian Henderson’s equaliser and Geroge Boyd’s opener both coming in the first half.
This was Colchester’s first point in five away games and Henderson’ strike was their first away goal in more than nine hours of football on their travels.
A change in formation by home boss Darren Ferguson at the break saw a far less open second period. Both sides had great chances to win it though with David Mooney spurning a golden opportunity when he delayed too long when clear on goal just past the hour and Andy Bond making a dramatic goalline clearance at the death.
It was another great defensive display from the U’s who have now taken points off of everyone in the top half bar league-leaders Brighton.
You may also want to watch:
– Full match report, ratings and reaction in tomorrow’s EADT.
PETERBOROUGH UTD (4-4-2): Lewis; Little, Zakuani, Bennett, Basey; Lee; McCann, Wesolowski (Mendez-Laing 46); Boyd; Tomlin (Ball 73), Mackail-Smith.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 6 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
Unused Subs: Jones, Kennedy, Langmead, Rowe, Davies.
COLCHESTER UTD (4-4-2): Williams; White, Clarke, Heath, Coker; Henderson, James (Vincent 89), Izzet, Perkins (Wordsworth 61); Mooney, Odejayi (Bond 89).
Unused Subs: Cousins, Powell, Beevers, Vilhjalmsson.
Booked: Heath (56).
U’s Man-of-the-Match: Ian Henderson
Attendance: 5,758 (279 away)
Referee: Mr Darren Drysdale (Lincolnshire)