U’s ever-present Brian Wilson is not a fan of draws!
BRIAN Wilson was left cursing Colchester United’s new-found habit of drawing games, following Saturday’s 1-1 draw against sixth-placed Carlisle.
U’s right-back Brian Wilson, who has not missed a game this season, was left frustrated by a fifth draw on the trot.
“We have drawn too many in our last few games,” rued Wilson.
“I think we deserved to win at least two or three of our last five drawn games, which would have put us right up there.
“These draws have been our downfall really.
You may also want to watch:
“Today (Saturday) we couldn’t hold onto our lead, and it’s killed us a little bit.
“Carlisle are a good side, but we should be taking points off them because we are a good side ourselves.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 5 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
“The lads are very disappointed, because we should have got all three points,” added Wilson, who has started every U’s game this season.
The U’s travel to relegation-haunted Walsall tomorrow evening.