U’s injury crisis remains a crisis
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Colchester United’s injury crisis shows no sign of easing.
The U’s were without 11 players for last weekend’s 1-1 draw at Bristol City, nine of them due to injuries, and all 11 will remain sidelined for Saturday’s visit of in-form Wolves.
Sanchez Watt, Gavin Massey, Drey Wright, Josh Thompson, Tom Eastman, Mark Cousins, Tosin Olufemi, Conor Hubble and Mason Spence are all still nursing injuries, while Ryan Dickson (after-effects of illness) and Daniel Pappoe (suspended) are also out.
“No one is back for the weekend,” revealed manager Joe Dunne, before this morning’s training session.
“Everyone is still out, that’s it. We’ve also got one more illness this morning, so we’re hopefully trying to get him back into the trainng ground today to see how bad he is.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a core of 12 (senior players), 10 outfield plus Marcus (Bean) annd Clinton (Morrison),” added Dunne.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey