U’s No. 2 Kinsella admits performance was “unacceptable”
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United assistant manager, Mark Kinsella, admitted that today’s 4-0 home defeat to Notts County was “unacceptable.”
The Magpies had begun the day at the foot of the League One table, but Shaun Derry’s men completely outplayed below-par Colchester.
First-half goals from Jack Grealish and Morgan Fox put the Magpies in the driving seat, and they added two late goals from Callum McGregor and Garry Liddle to complete a miserable afternoon for Joe Dunne’s hosts.
Dunne remained in the dressing room to speak to his players after the game, so it was his No. 2, Kinsella, who spoke to the press.
“Today was a performance that you can’t accept,” confessed Kinsella.
You may also want to watch:
“We never got a foothold in the game, and so we never gave ourselves a chance today.
“It was very disappointing, and it’s difficult to put your finger on why our overall performance was so poor.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
“It was not a good day in the office,” added Kinsella.