U's promotion party begins
Yeovil Town 0 Colchester United 0COLCHESTER United made history with a goalless draw at Yeovil which was enough to see them win automatic promotion to the Championship.
By Derek Davis
Yeovil Town 0 Colchester United 0
COLCHESTER United made history with a goalless draw at Yeovil which was enough to see them win automatic promotion to the Championship.
1,600 travelling U's fans saw Phil Parkinson side reach the second tier of English football for the first time in their 69-year history in a nerve-tingling match at Huish Park.
You may also want to watch:
The first half finished goal-less with the U's looking, understandably, a little nervous.
United upped the tempo in the second half and had much the better of the play.
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
They survived a scare when David Poole looked certain to score but missed.
Neil Danns and Chris Iwelumo went close and Greg Halford had an effort tipped over the bar. The U's were twice denied a penalty and despite pressing until the end could not find the winner. But it didn't matter anyway. The U's are up.