U’s receive bye in JP Trophy
Colchester United have received a bye into the second round of the Johnstone’s Paints Trophy.
COLCHESTER United have received a bye into the second round of the Johnstone’s Paints Trophy.
Last season the U’s went out on penalties to Gillingham in the first round of the competition, but already they are guaranteed to reach the second round this time around.
Also receiving byes in the Southern Section are Barnet, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham Town, Hereford United, Milton Keynes Dons, Plymouth Argyle and Wycombe Wanderers.
Once the second round gets under way, the U’s will face the other teams in the South East section, with potential opponents coming from the following eight teams:
You may also want to watch:
Brentford, Brighton & Hove Albion, Charlton Ath, Dagenham & Red, Gillingham, Leyton Orient, Southend Utd and Stevenage Borough.
The draw for the first round takes place on Sky Sports on Saturday, August 14.
- 1 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 6 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 7 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'