U's set to sign experienced left back
EXPERIENCED left-back, Matt Lockwood, could be on his way to Colchester United this summer.
EXPERIENCED left-back, Matt Lockwood, could be on his way to Colchester United this summer. Nottingham Forest, newly promoted to the Championship, are believed to have accepted a £100,000 bid for Lockwood, who is a 31-year-old defender who has played more than 400 league games during his career.
The Southend-born left-footer began his professional career at QPR, before moving on to Bristol Rovers in 1996 and then Leyton Orient two years later.
Lockwood went on to play 383 senior games for the O's, scoring 57 goals - he is renowned as a dead ball specialist, from penalties and free-kicks.
You may also want to watch:
He moved to Forest for an undisclosed fee last summer, but his campaign was hampered by injury, which restricted him to just 12 appearances. He is yet to discuss personal terms with the U's.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years