U’s snap up Dickson, and extend Wright’s stay
- Credit: Archant
On a busy afternoon at Colchester United, triallist left-back Ryan Dickson has been snapped up on a free transfer, and Drey Wright has signed a new three-year deal.
Left-back was a problem position for U’s boss Joe Dunne, following the summer departures of loanee Bradley Garmston (back to his parent club West Brom) and John White (to Southend United).
But Dunne has strengthened in this department by signing former Southampton and Brentford defender Dickson on a permanent deal, after the 26-year-old impressed in a series of pre-season friendly outings this summer.
Dickson said: “It’s good to be settled now, and I’ve been happy since I’ve turned up here.”
Meanwhile, left winger Drey Wright, who made a big impression in the first team last season, has signed a new three-year deal.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old has committed himself to the U’s until the summer of 2016.
Wright said: “Doing well enough to earn a new contract is something I’d hoped, as soon as I got my first deal.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 4 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 8 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
The U’s first team are in pre-season action at Maldon & Tiptree tomorrow afternoon.