MATCHDAY LIVE: U’s League Two promotion hopes take another dent in 2-0 Tranmere Rovers home defeat
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United hosted Tranmere Rovers and we have all the best reaction in our matchday blog from the Jobserve Community Stadium.
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, believed that his side were on top before conceding the first goal, in Saturday’s 2-0 home defeat to Tranmere Rovers.
The U’s peppered the target in the first half, but were trailing to James Norwood’s 28th goal of the season in the 23rd minute.
Ex-U’s midfielder David Perkins then netted the second, inside the first minute of the second half, to make it six wins out of six for Tranmere.
By contrast, McGreal’s men have now lost four of their last five matches and are now four points adrift of the play-offs, in ninth slot.
You may also want to watch:
“Credit to Tranmere, this was always going to be our hardest game of the season,” explained McGreal.
“Norwood got away and scored, just when we were on top in the game, and were probing.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 5 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
“A little lapse in concentration has cost us. I thought we had done well, and I was happy before they scored. But to give a chance like that to a proven goalscorer – he was always going to score.
“We had a few shots. Some went around the post and a few went over the bar, and even at 1-0 down I still felt we were in the game.”
• Get the best live coverage and reaction from Carl Marston in the blog above.