U’s trio sign fresh deals
COLCHESTER United trio Steven Gillespie, John White and Andy Bond have all signed new deals with the club.
Liverpudlian striker Gillespie – who scored nine goals in 18 appearances at the end-of-the-season – has signed a fresh two-year deal and been handed the vacant No.9 squad number for next season.
The 25-year-old club record signing, who has finally looked like justifying his �400,000 price tag after three largely injury-hit seasons in Essex, could have walked away for nothing this summer had he chosen to.
The same was true of long-serving, versatile defender John White who has also signed a new two-year deal at the club today. The 24-year-old – who was born in the town and has made over 150 appearances for the club – is due to get married in America in a few weeks’ time.
Midfielder Bond still had another year to run on his contract, but has been rewarded with a fresh two-year deal following an impressive debut season. The 25-year-old has scored eight goals in 46 appearances following his arrival from non-league side Barrow.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder and recently named Player of the Year David Perkins, keeper Mark Cousins and midfielder Ian Henderson are soon-to-be out-of-contract and are currently considering offers of new deals.
– Full story in tomorrow’s EADT.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 10 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale