U's will have one of biggest squads
COLCHESTER United look set to have one of the biggest squads in League One for the coming season.Below is a couple of suggested starting line-ups, with the “A” team perhaps not too dissimilar to the side that manager Paul Lambert will select for the first game at Norwich City on August 8.
COLCHESTER United look set to have one of the biggest squads in League One for the coming season.
Below is a couple of suggested starting line-ups, with the “A” team perhaps not too dissimilar to the side that manager Paul Lambert will select for the first game at Norwich City on August 8.
However, I'm sure that several members of that “B” team, especially established midfielders Kem Izzet, David Perkins and Johnnie Jackson, new recruit Lee Beevers and keeper Mark Cousins will have other ideas!
You may also want to watch:
So far, Lambert has signed five new players this summer - Beevers, defender Magnus Okuonghae, winger Ashley Vincent, midfielder David Fox and most recently keeper Ben Williams.
Those to leave have been Akanni-Sunday Wasiu (released), winger Mark Yeates (to Middlesbrough), keeper Dean Gerken (to Bristol City) and defender Chris Coyne (to Perth Glory).
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
As it stands, Lambert has a senior squad of at least 26 at his disposal. A few more might leave before the start of the campaign, but the Scotsman still wants to sign a proven goalscorer, so there should be options aplenty in all positions.
Two suggested U's line-ups