United still in play-off hunt
HULL 1 COLCHESTER 1JAMIE Cureton bagged his 23rd goal of the season to force a draw at relegation-haunted Hull City this afternoon.Cureton rifled home a 63rd minute equaliser, to cancel out Nicky Forster's 24th minute opener for the Tigers.
By Carl Marston
HULL 1 COLCHESTER 1
JAMIE Cureton bagged his 23rd goal of the season to force a draw at relegation-haunted Hull City this afternoon.
Cureton rifled home a 63rd minute equaliser, to cancel out Nicky Forster's 24th minute opener for the Tigers. But the U's hit-man had other chances as well in a game that the U's dominated for large chunks.
The point apiece did neither team that much good, although United are still very much in the hunt for a play-off place, while Hull remain in relegation trouble.
It was an absorbing afternoon. Hull started brightly, but were second best for the final hour. Cureton had two clear sights of goal, firing wide on both occasions, and Hull were hanging on at times.
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 4 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
The U's won 14 corners, but could not find a winner in a one-sided second period. They will probably have to win their final three games to gate-crash the top six.