UPDATED: Premier Cup semi-final date re-arranged
THE John Banks Suffolk Premier Cup semi-final between Bury Town and Leiston will now take place next week.
The match, which was scheduled to take place tonight at Needham Market’s Bloomfields ground, was called off following a pitch inspection late yesterday afternoon.
Suffolk FA this afternoon announced the new date for the tie - a repeat of last season’s semi-final when Bury won on penalties following a 1-1 draw after extra time.
The match will now take place at Needham Market on Thursday, March 21, kick-off 7.45pm.
The winners will play Lowestoft Town, who defeated Ipswich Town 1-0 last Wednesday, in the final at Portman Road later in the season.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight’s Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division match between Brantham Athletic and Wivenhoe Town has been postponed, following on from the decision yesterday to call off the Hadleigh United v Kirkley & Pakefield match.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan