MATCHDAY RECAP: Slick U’s cruise to 3-0 win over Cheltenham
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United cruised to a second successive big victory, after completely outplaying Cheltenham Town and scoring some wonder goals to boot, at the Jobserve Community Stadium.
Kane Vincent-Young, Frank Nouble and Abo Eisa were all on the scoresheet as the U’s returned to the top seven.
The opening goal was a stunner.
Vincent-Young advanced from the half-way line on a surging run through the middle and, after advancing about 15 yards, he let fly with a thunderous long-range shot which flew like a bullet past a dazed Scott Flinders.
After going 31 games without a goal this season, left-back Vincent-Young therefore celebrated his second goal in as many matches, following his clinical strike at Northampton (4-0 away win) the previous weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Nouble also made it two goals in two matches, when he doubled the U’s lead with another superb goal in the 42nd minute.
Sammie Szmodics laid the ball into Nouble’s path, on the left-edge of the penalty area, and the big striker cut inside a defender before crashing home an unstoppable shot into the roof of the net, from 15 yards out.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Eisa followed suit with his second goal in successive weekends, in the 55th minute, to make it 3-0.
• Relive all the action and get the best reaction from Carl Marston in the blog above.