MATCHDAY RECAP: U’s grind out 1-0 win over Macclesfield
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Follow all the action and reaction as we bring you live coverage of Colchester United’s home EFL League Two match against Sol Campbell’s Macclesfield
John McGreal revealed he has been seeking advice from former Ipswich Town and U’s manager George Burley.
The U’s are riding high in third spot, the final automatic promotion place, going into Saturday’s home match against Football League basement dwellers Macclesfield, who recently appointed former Tottenham and England defender Sol Capmbell as their new boss.
McGreal’s side have not had a game for 10 days, since a 1-0 success at Forest Green Rovers before the FA Cup second round weekend, but the U’s chief is always on the look-out for new ideas, hence his discussion with Burley.
“I had a meeting with George Burley last week,” revealed McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a chance to get ideas off him, and to learn off him.
“George has been there and done that. He’s managed at international level (with Scotland), managed abroad and won promotion (with Ipswich).
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 10 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
• Follow all the action and get the best reaction from Carl Marston in the blog above.