MATCHNIGHT RECAP: Red mist for 10-men U’s in 3-0 home defeat to Forest Green
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United hosted Forest Green in League Two on Tuesday night and we have all the best reaction in our matchday blog from the Jobserve Community Stadium.
Colchester United were caught out by two sucker punches in the first half, at the hands of play-off rivals Forest Green Rovers, on their way to a disappointing 3-0 home defeat.
Liam Shephard and Reece Brown put the Cotswolds club in the driving seat with two similar goals, on 21 and 33 minutes, both breakaway goals where the U’s were exposed by some poor marking.
Striker Christian Doidge made the game safe for the visitors by slotting home a third, in the 81st minute, as Rovers leapfrogged their Essex hosts in the League Two table.
And the U’s miserable night was completed by Frank Nouble being sent off, in the 85th minute, for two bookable offences. Booked for a foul in the first half, a frustrated Nouble was shown a second yellow and ensuing red for an off-the-ball incident.
You may also want to watch:
It was a night to forget for John McGreal’s men, and was certainly a missed chance.
• Get the best live coverage and reaction from Carl Marston in the blog above.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from