VIDEO: Icelandic international reportedly on trial at U’s
ICELANDIC international Matthias Vilhj�lmsson has joined Colchester United on trial, according to reports in his home country.
The 23-year-old, who can play as an attacking midfielder or striker, earned his second full cap for Iceland in Wednesday’s 3-2 defeat to Israel in Tel Aviv.
He is then said to have flown to London on Thursday before starting a seven to 10 day trial with the U’s yesterday.
Vilhj�lmsson – known as Matti Vill for short – currently plays for Fimleikaf�lag Hafnarfjar�ar (FH), the team that has just won three Icelandic titles in succession.
He has scored 21 goals in 73 games for the club, a selection of which can be seen in the accompanying video.
You may also want to watch:
– For live updates from this afternoon’s game between Colchester and Hartlepool, follow Stuart_Watson on www.twitter.com.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 4 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future