VIDEO: Icelandic international reportedly on trial at U’s
ICELANDIC international Matthias Vilhj�lmsson has joined Colchester United on trial, according to reports in his home country.
The 23-year-old, who can play as an attacking midfielder or striker, earned his second full cap for Iceland in Wednesday’s 3-2 defeat to Israel in Tel Aviv.
He is then said to have flown to London on Thursday before starting a seven to 10 day trial with the U’s yesterday.
Vilhj�lmsson – known as Matti Vill for short – currently plays for Fimleikaf�lag Hafnarfjar�ar (FH), the team that has just won three Icelandic titles in succession.
He has scored 21 goals in 73 games for the club, a selection of which can be seen in the accompanying video.
– For live updates from this afternoon’s game between Colchester and Hartlepool, follow Stuart_Watson on www.twitter.com.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 4 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 5 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents