Ward says no enquiries for his players, despite Wordsworth interest
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward revealed today that he had not yet received any enquiries concerning his players.
Reports have surfaced suggesting that Anthony Wordsworth has been the subject of interest from League One rivals Bournemouth, with the Cherries having made a bid for the U’s leading scorer.
But Ward explained: “I’ve had no enquiries about my players, either permanent or on loan at this moment.”
Attacking midfielder Wordsworth is not one of a big group of U’s players who are out of contract this summer.
The 23-year-old has an extra year on his contract beyond this term, so there is no pressure on the Essex club to sell one of their prize assets.
You may also want to watch:
It would therefore have to be a tempting offer for the U’s to consider letting Wordsworth leave the club.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
- 10 Former Town boss McCarthy sacked by Cardiff City