Watton 1 Colchester 3
Division 1NWatton 1 Colchester 3Colchester recorded their first away win of the season with victory over Watton.The opening exchanges were scrappy, with Colchester on the back foot and unable to break out of their own half.
Watton 1 Colchester 3
Colchester recorded their first away win of the season with victory over Watton.
The opening exchanges were scrappy, with Colchester on the back foot and unable to break out of their own half.
You may also want to watch:
However, unlike previously this season the visitors didn't concede and slowly worked their way back into the game.
After several forays into the Watton half, Rose Prince found herself in space on the right where she crossed the ball into the D, for Mel Cooper to touch the ball to Lucy Struth, who slotted past the keeper to open the scoring.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
Helen Barnes came close to doubling the lead soon after when, having beaten the keeper in a one-on-one, a last ditch tackle from a retreating Watton defender prevented a certain goal.
Colchester started the second half brightly but Watton always looked dangerous on the break, especially with the score at 1-0.
Colchester finally reduced the pressure by getting their second of the game after another Prince cross from the right found Anna-Marie Bradley unmarked in front of goal. Making no mistake Bradley struck the ball past the keeper to give Colchester a 2-0 lead.
The game remained end to end with neither side giving up.
Watton snatched a goal back after an unmarked forward deflected the ball into the back of the net, but it was Colchester who had the final say with a pinpoint shot from the top of the D by Anna Foley giving Colchester their third and sealing the 3-1 victory.