‘We are due a heavy win soon’ – Dunne
- Credit: Archant
Joe Dunne feels that his Colchester United side will soon be giving future opponents a real thrashing, despite failing to see off lowly Carlisle United at the Weston Homes Community Stadium last night.
Freddie Sears rescued a point for the U’s, with a thunderous finish in the 71st minute, to cancel out a fourth-minute pearler from Matty Robson in a 1-1 draw.
Carlisle had been hammered in their first three league games, and so will be relieved to escape from Essex with a first point of the season. But the impressive U’s again showed enough to suggest that a good season is in store for them.
“I thought we did enough to win this match,” insisted U’s boss Dunne.
“In the second half, we were absolutely outstanding. It was end-to-end in the first half, and I am disappointed with the way we started the first 10 minutes, but we dominated the second half. I think we are due a heavy win soon, and I can’t fault my players one little bit tonight.
You may also want to watch:
“The thing that most pleased me was the patience of my players to continue to pass the ball. We peppered their box, and their keeper (Mark Gillespie) made some good saves. I thought Carlisle were hanging on.”
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 Road off A14 closed after serious collision