‘We can’t keep giving teams a leg up’ – Colchester United midfielder David Wright
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United midfielder, David Wright, admits that the U’s must put a stop to gifting opposition early goals.
The U’s have conceded goals inside the first few minutes, in each of their last three games, against Bristol City (eight minutes), Wolves (53 seconds) and most recently Notts County (five minutes).
Ronan Murray’s early strike, following Tom Eastman’s error, set the Magpies on their way to a 2-0 home win on Saturday, their third victory on the trot.
“We managed to come back against Bristol (2-2 draw), and we nearly managed it again against Wolves (4-2 defeat), but once again we have conceded early,” rued Wright.
“We just can’t keep giving the opposition a leg-up.
You may also want to watch:
“However, we haven’t been doing that all year. In fact, we have kept 10 clean-sheets this season.
“I am not pointing my finger at any one in particular, because we are in this together. We defend together and attack together,” added Wright.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
The U’s are now just three points clear of the bottom four. They travel to play-off chasing Peterborough on Wednesday.