“We did not play well enough” - admits Colchester United boss Kevin Keen
Colchester United manager Kevin Keen was “disappointed” with his side’s performance following a depressing 4-1 home defeat to Swindon Town this afternoon.
Nicky Ajose (35 and 56 minutes) and Michael Doughty (57 and 72 minutes) both scored a brace for Swindon, with Joe Edwards’ 64th minute half-volley being the only reply from the U’s.
The U’s, rock bottom of the division, have now failed to win in their last 16 league matches (13 defeats and three draws).
“I’m disappointed today, I’m really disappointed,” admitted Keen.
“We did not play well enough, and we did not defend well enough.
You may also want to watch:
“We also let in some poor goals today, so it was not a good day all-round.
“There was a bit of a malaise before I came here, and that was here a little today, certainly the supporters have a right to feel unhappy.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
“All the players are disappointed, especially as we were still in the game at half-time.
“Perhaps I should have made a couple of changes for the start of the second half, but that’s easy to say in hindsight.
“But we must go again on Tuesday,” added Keen, with reference to Tuesday night’s home game against Chesterfield.