“We let a lot of people down” – Colchester United skipper David Fox
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United’s new skipper David Fox, given the captain’s arm-band due to Magnus Okuonghae’s long-term injury, and Sean Clohessy being dropped, summed up the sombre mood in the U’s dressing room after Saturday’s 6-0 thrashing at MK Dons.
Midfielder Fox confessed: “It’s a very low point at the minute, and there are a lot of very hurt players in the dressing room.
“We let a lot of people down today, especially the fans who travelled.
“We let the gaffer down and we let each other down. We were poor, all over the park.
“We got what we deserved, which was nothing. We got a battering.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first time I have had to say that, in the short space of time that I have been here.
“It’s very disappointing,” added Fox.
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
The U’s sunk to third-from-bottom of League One, following this fourth defeat on the bounce.