‘We’ve got to nail down a few home truths’ – Colchester United boss John McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has put the onus on his players to “make things happen,” on the eve of tomorrow night’s away test at Newport, and in the aftermath of Saturday’s disappointing 1-0 home defeat to Carlisle.
McGreal is certainly looking for a big improvement in South Wales.
“We have two tough away games coming up, and we’ve got to nail down a few truths, because we should have taken something away from the Carlisle game,” insisted McGreal.
“The players have got to take responsibility on the pitch. They have got to make things happen, or at least shore things up at the back.
“But we are still full of confidence. We are in a good place, even though we are disappointed knowing we haven’t come away with anything from Saturday’s game.
“We will be looking to be cuter and cleverer in front of goal, and we’ll take the positives out of the weekend performance and move on,” added McGreal.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role