“We’ve got to pull together” – Colchester United’s Gavin Massey
- Credit: Su Anderson
Gavin Massey was just about the only bright spot of an otherwise dismal Saturday, coming off the bench to score Colchester United’s only goal in a 4-1 home defeat to Rochdale.
Winger Massey, who was introduced as a half-time substitute, after being dropped from the starting XI, expressed the mood in the home dressing room after such a disappointing display.
“We have got to look at ourselves, and ask – are we working hard enough?” insisted Massey.
“It all comes down to training, because that reflects your performance on Saturday.
“But something is not clicking, and we have got to put that right.
You may also want to watch:
“We are disappointed, and we are desperate to change it, because no one wants a relegation on their CV.
“We’ve got to pull together,” added Massey.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
The U’s are five points adrift of safety, on the back of five straight league defeats.
They face a huge game at fellow bottom four club Yeovil this Saturday. The Glovers recorded a shock 4-0 win at Oldham last weekend.