‘We were not good enough’ – blasts Leiston manager Glenn Driver after another defeat
- Credit: Archant
Leiston boss Glenn Driver was highly critical of his team after tonight’s disappointing 2-1 defeat at Merstham.
“We were not good enough, we were simply not good enough,” rued Driver.
“When you get yourself back into a game, at 1-1, you have to stick together for the next 10 to 15 minutes.
“But we haven’t done that and we’ve conceded another goal from distance when we just haven’t been good enough defensively.
“You can’t step off good players at this level, and as defenders we have stepped off and conceded again.
You may also want to watch:
“This has been happening time-after-time-after time, and it’s just getting boring now.
“It’s all about not defending well enough.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
“Blakey (Matt Blake) has had a couple of chances and he hasn’t taken them, but they’ve had loads of great chances as well. We’ve been poor, and it’s not good enough, it’s just basic defending,” added Driver.