“We were not good enough” – Braintree Town boss Hakan Hayrettin
- Credit: Archant
Braintree Town boss, Hakan Hayrettin, admitted that his side were “just not good enough” following last night’s home shocker against lowly Woking.
“They were better than us, as simple as that,” confessed Hayrettin after the 3-1 defeat.
“We have a way of playing, and it certainly didn’t work tonight. We were not good enough.
“Several of my players were off it tonight, and I have no excuses.
“You can sometimes afford to carry one or two players and get away with it, but we were carrying more than one or two, so we were always going to struggle.
You may also want to watch:
“To be successful in this league, you have to be consistent, and we were very inconsistent between last Saturday (2-0 victory over Southport) and this game.
“We huffed and we puffed, but we gave away some very poor goals,” added Hayrettin.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
Braintree face a tough trip to promotion-chasing Tranmere Rovers this Saturday.