‘We were the better team’ – Joe Dunne
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne praised his players for their performance, despite suffering an eighth successive defeat at Doncaster Rovers this afternoon.
The U’s were undone by a quality finish from David Cotterill, who found the back of the net with a delightful angled shot on 82 minutes to hand Rovers a 1-0 win.
Dunne said: “It was an excellent goal, though I think that was their first meaningful shot of the half, and probably the whole game.
“It’s cost us, but it was a class finish.
“It doesn’t make it any better that we were beaten by a great goal, because I thought we were magnificent today.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought we were the better team, I thought we controlled the ball and I thought we got into great positions.
“We tested their back four and I thought we were very good. I don’t think we deserved to lose the game,” added Dunne.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 8 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 9 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
- 10 Bill Turnbull announces leave from Classic FM show for health reasons
The U’s are still one place above the relegation zone, although they are now just one point clear of fourth-from-bottom Scunthorpe, who visit the Weston Homes Community Stadium next Saturday.