Weather causes mass postponement of local games
THE icy weather has caused havoc with the local football fixture list.
Colchester United’s home game with Sheffield United was called off yesterday, following a pitch inspection by referee Trevor Kettle, while Braintree Town’s game at Lincoln City was cancelled this morning because of a frozen pitch. The re-arranged game will take place on February 14 (7.45pm).
Every game has been postponed in the Ridgeons League, while in the Ryman League, Leiston’s home game with Waltham Forest is off as is Needham Market’s home game with Waltham Abbey and AFC Sudbury’ clash at home to Ware.
Bury Town’s game in the Premier League at East Thurrock United has also been postponed and has been re-arranged for March 20.
Lowestoft travel to Cray Wanderers tomorrow (Sunday) but the game will have to pass a 9.30am pitch inspection to get the go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
All SIL Senior Division games are off.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village