Weather watch: Morecambe v Colchester United
There has been very little snowfall in the Morecambe area, in the build up to Colchester United’s visit to the Globe Arena this Saturday, but a pitch inspection has been organised for midday tomorrow.
The north-west Lancashire coastline has escaped the brunt of the wintry weather, so this weekend’s League Two fixture will not be affected by snow levels.
However, the continued freezing conditions might still be a factor, with a frozen pitch a distinct possibility.
And that is why a pitch inspection has been arranged for noon tomorrow.
Struggling to avoid relegation, Morecambe have already had a couple of matches called off this season, including a clash with lowly rivals Chesterfield, so they will be keen to get this weekend’s fixture staged.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s will be keen to bounce back from back-to-back defeats at the hands of two more relegation candidates, Crewe and Barnet.
But an early postponement would at least save a possible wasted journey for John McGreal’s men, and their travelling supporters.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 7 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab