Welcome back, Jabo Ibehre!
- Credit: Archant
JABO Ibehre has returned to Colchester United, on a permanent deal this time.
The U’s have snapped up the 29-year-old striker from MK Dons until the end of the season, following an initial successful loan spell earlier in the campaign.
Even though he only played for just over two months for the U’s, he remains their leading scorer with four league goals.
Ibehre’s return is a big boost for U’s boss Joe Dunne, who has presided over a terrible run of nine straight defeats, which has seen the Essex club drop into the relegation zone.
He had returned to MK Dons early, due to an abdominal injury, but is now on the comeback trail.
You may also want to watch:
“There was no doubt in me coming back,” insisted Ibehre this afternoon.
“It’s just a case of me getting fit. I’m no good to anyone being injured.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
“I’m almost now there, with regards fitness, but I’m ready to go now. I’m ready to play football.”
The U’s next match is scheduled to be at home against Walsall this Saturday.