What they said
LEICESTER were disappointed with the penalty and, having watched the video afterwards with Rob (Kelly), I can see that they have a point. It was a long throw into the box and Chris (Iwelumo) went down.
LEICESTER were disappointed with the penalty and, having watched the video afterwards with Rob (Kelly), I can see that they have a point. It was a long throw into the box and Chris (Iwelumo) went down. Some you get, and some you don't. It looked innocuous. Chris lost his footing, so you can understand why Leicester feel aggrieved about it.
We were certainly not firing on all cylinders today. We looked a bit flat, but that had nothing to do with the Barnet game during the week. It just did not quite work out for us in the first-half. Leicester's front two were as lively as any that we've seen down here this season.
We had to be brave and step up to them in the second-half, which I felt that we did. My back four were brave in the second period. They stepped 20 yards further up. We had Dean (Gerken) to thank for keeping us in the game. Dean has waited a long time for his chance, and he knows that he has to keep performing, because Aidan (Davison) is pushing him hard.
It's terrific that Chris and Jamie (Cureton) now have 28 goals between them this season. Chris again took his penalty well. We were saying from the sidelines that someone will work out what he does from penalties, but he produced another confident one today.
You may also want to watch:
Overall we are happy with the point, even though we go out to win every game. I wasn't thinking about us equalling a club record (12 straight home league wins). We have got 34 points out of a possible 36 in our last 12 home matches, and that's not a bad haul!
Colchester manager Geraint Williams
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
I didn't think that it was a penalty. Not one of the Colchester players appealed. I thought that the referee (Danny McDermid) was out of his depth. It was his first Championship game and it was a bit too much for him.
Everyone in the stadium knew something was coming, and that penalty decision changed the game. I am disappointed for the players and the supporters. I felt that overall we deserved to win the match. There were also seven bookings in a game when there wasn't a bad tackle.
Leicester City manager Rob Kelly