White: We've only got ourselves to blame
JOHN White admits Colchester were the creators of their own downfall at Oldham.With the U's two goals up and cruising, Marc Tierney kicked the ball away for a second booking.
JOHN White admits Colchester were the creators of their own downfall at Oldham.
With the U's two goals up and cruising, Marc Tierney kicked the ball away for a second booking. The 10-man visitors subsequently folded and Oldham came storming back to deservedly equalise with two minutes to go.
“I think we caused the problems for ourselves,” said right-back White, who filled in at left-back following Tierney's 55th-minute dismissal.
You may also want to watch:
“The sending-off was a silly one - it didn't need to happen and shouldn't have happened.”
“I don't think they were causing us any problems but obviously when things like the sending-off happen it changes the game.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
“Things like that happen sometimes and you just had to get on with it.
“If we'd have held on a little bit longer things might have calmed down a bit, but we don't know that.
“The ball just kept coming back at us every time and I think we made it too easy for them at the back.
“We're disappointed because we want to win every game and make teams scared of us. We didn't get the three points today, but we have got to deal with that.”
Colchester are back in League One action tomorrow night when they host Stockport County.