Who got your Ipswich Town Man-of-the-Match vote against Birmingham City?
- Credit: �INPHO/Ryan Byrne
Ipswich Town Football League debutant Flynn Downes was your Man-of-the-match in the Blues’ opening-day 1-0 victory over Birmingham City, at Portman Road.
The 18-year-old midfielder replaced fellow academy product Andre Dozzell shortly before the break – the England youth international suffering a serious knee injury.
Downes impressed in central midfield, breaking up attacks, tackling hard and showing no lack of vision and composure on the ball.
Downes got 305 of your vote with match-winner Joe Garner coming in second with 27%.
Dozzell, Cole Skuse and Grant Ward all got nine per cent of the votes.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you to everyone who voted
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 10 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk