Who will be next Witches' sponsor?
IPSWICH Witches are to have a new name in 2009.After ten seasons as the main sponsor the Evening Star will be making way for a new company as they look to back the team in different ways.
IPSWICH Witches are to have a new name in 2009.
After ten seasons as the main sponsor the Evening Star will be making way for a new company as they look to back the team in different ways.
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover has agreed a deal to keep the Evening Star at the front of the grid with the team but releasing the team naming rights so the club can gain more money for team building for 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Recognised nationally for providing speedway supporters with the best coverage of the shale sport for many years, the Evening Star will keep playing a major role at Foxhall Stadium, and ensuring that Witches fans are kept abreast of all that is going on at the club - both in print and on line.
Pickover said: “It has been the Evening Star Witches' for ten years now, and it is time for someone else to have a chance.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
“The backing we have had from the team has been first class, and I would recommend their sponsorship to all companies.”
Witches commercial director Austen Dack spoke for the ambitious Elite League club when he said: “The Evening Star has been the biggest single sponsor of the team since 1998, their support for the side and sport has been excellent and has given us the
perfect springboard to gain even more sponsorship in that time.
“We have thankfully kept the Evening Star as a media partner, so we will be running our usual promotions with them, but now have a slot for a new team sponsor thanks to Nigel and the team.
“Perhaps we could even tempt Mr Marcus Evans to back us?”
The sponsorship vacancy is likely to be sought-after by Suffolk or north Essex companies as it combines the best of local publicity with many hours of live Sky TV exposure.
It includes the main logo on the famous Witches race jacket, season tickets, hospitality, banners at the stadium and much more over the course of the year.
Those interested in leading Ipswich Witches next season should call Dack on 07863 123929 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org