Striker Keane expected to complete Ipswich move today
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hull boss Nigel Adkins expects Will Keane to complete his loan move to Ipswich Town today.
The striker has been in Suffolk to tie up the loose ends of a loan deal which will run until the end of the season.
The 25-year-old’s career at Hull has been hit by injuries which have limited him to just 26 appearances in two-and-a-half years.
Adkins believes the deal will be done today, with the Hull boss hopeful the move will provide the fresh start the former Manchester United trainee needs.
“Will is down at Ipswich, he’s not signed just yet,” Adkins said at his press conference this morning. “It’s been a busy couple of days and we’re trying to be active.
“There is a process and I would imagine that at some point today Keane will sign on loan at Ipswich.
“It’s an opportunity to freshen things up a bit and it’s important for him to play regular football but likewise maybe his wages coming off the wage bill, maybe we can utilise that.”
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
Keane is out of contract at the end of the season.