Striker Keane expected to complete Ipswich move today
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hull boss Nigel Adkins expects Will Keane to complete his loan move to Ipswich Town today.
The striker has been in Suffolk to tie up the loose ends of a loan deal which will run until the end of the season.
The 25-year-old’s career at Hull has been hit by injuries which have limited him to just 26 appearances in two-and-a-half years.
Adkins believes the deal will be done today, with the Hull boss hopeful the move will provide the fresh start the former Manchester United trainee needs.
“Will is down at Ipswich, he’s not signed just yet,” Adkins said at his press conference this morning. “It’s been a busy couple of days and we’re trying to be active.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a process and I would imagine that at some point today Keane will sign on loan at Ipswich.
“It’s an opportunity to freshen things up a bit and it’s important for him to play regular football but likewise maybe his wages coming off the wage bill, maybe we can utilise that.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
Keane is out of contract at the end of the season.