Williams moves to Braintree
Former Colchester United striker Gareth Williams has signed for Braintree Town.Williams and ex-Arsenal goalkeeper Craig Holloway have both been snapped by Iron boss Lee Patterson in an exciting double signing.
Former Colchester United striker Gareth Williams has signed for Braintree Town.
Williams and ex-Arsenal goalkeeper Craig Holloway have both been snapped by Iron boss Lee Patterson in an exciting double signing.
Williams shot to fame at Colchester by scoring a hat-trick in Phil Parkinson's first match in charge of the U's, in the 4-2 win over Port Vale on March 1, 2003. The 25-year-old former Welsh under-21 international had previously been on the books of Crystal Palace, and since leaving Colchester he has played for Blackpool, Cambridge United and Bromley. He scored 22 goals for the Kent club last season.
You may also want to watch:
Holloway, 23, was an FA Youth Cup winner with Arsenal in 2000 and 2001, and an FA Premier League Academy under-19 League championship winner in 2002. The following season, he was named as a first-team substitute for Arsenal in the Premier League match against West Brom, and he made further appearances on the substitutes' bench the following season, before moving on to Crawley Town (on loan), Farnborough Town (2004) and Gravesend & Northfleet (2005). Injury forced him out of the game for a while, although he played a couple of games for Bromley towards the back-end of last term.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale