Williams scan result due today
IPSWICH Town hope to find out later today just how serious the injury to Gavin Williams is after the midfielder had a MRI scan this morning.Blues boss Jim Magilton is anxiously waiting for a diagnosis from a specialist but accepts he will have to plan the early part of the season without Williams.
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH Town hope to find out later today just how serious the injury to Gavin Williams is after the midfielder had a MRI scan this morning.
Blues boss Jim Magilton is anxiously waiting for a diagnosis from a specialist but accepts he will have to plan the early part of the season without Williams.
Magilton said: “Gavin had the scan this morning and we know the injury is serious but until we hear from the specialist we don't know how long he will be out.”
You may also want to watch:
Williams' absence leaves the door open for another Town player and Magilton admits he has many options.
George O'Callaghan looked particularly impressive in the reserve friendly win at Dartford, while Gary Roberts scored and Matt Richards shone.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
Danny Haynes and Jaime Peters are also in with a chance to securing the left side of midfield berth.
He said: “There is a place up for grabs and Danny, Jaime, Gary, Matt and George all have a chance.
“It is now case of whoever shows me in training that they want it the most.
“Jaime's pre-season was disrupted because he was with Canada but his fitness levels are very good so it was a case of letting him have a wee rest and then bringing him back.
“Danny needs to get away from that Supersub tag but even so when he comes on when the sting has gone from the game he is very effective.
“George has had a terrific pre-season and it is about minutes on the park for him. His fitness levels have always been high so I have no qualms about playing George.
“Matt played well on Tuesday and is naturally left-sided player so he has a chance.”