Wins for Bury Town, Needham and Lowestoft, but AFC Sudbury lose
- Credit: Andy Abbott
Bury Town shaded an entertaining encounter at Ram Meadow on Tuesday, winning 3-2 against Harrow Borough in the Ryman League Premier Division.
Adam Bailey-Dennis gave the hosts the lead with his second goal in two games before Bury keeper Marcus Garnham saved a penalty to keep his side ahead. The visitors’ Lucien did restore parity from the spot soon after.
John Sands restored the hosts’ lead five minutes before the break and added his second in the 53rd minute.
Lucien grabbed a second for Harrow but Bury hung on for victory.
Lowestoft were 5-0 winners against Thamesmead, at home, thanks to braces from Lee Smith and Chris Henderson and a strike from Rob Eagle.
You may also want to watch:
David Batch’s first home game in charge of AFC Sudbury ended in a 2-1 defeat to Soham Town Rangers.
James Hall gave Soham the lead before Jamie Forshaw levelled.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
Ben Sawyer struck the decisive blow for the away team on 66 minutes.
Needham Market enjoyed a good win in Ryman League Division One North, making it two wins out of two after a 2-1 victory at Burnham Ramblers.
Former Colchester United and Braintree striker Jamie Guy gave the Marketmen the lead before Brad Hunter levelled things up three minutes before the break.
However, Luke Ingram ensured Market maintained their unbeaten record this season with the winner on 65 minutes.