Witches fall victim to the weather for the second time in 48 hours as meeting at Sheffield is called off because of rain.
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches’ clash at Sheffield tonight was called off after rain hit the Yorkshire circuit at around 7pm.
Both teams waited 30 minutes past the official start time of 7.30pm to see if the rain would clear, but to no avail.
It was the second time in 48 hours the two sides had failed to take to the track after the meeting at Ipswich was called off last night.
For both sides it is very frustrating, especially as both are Thursday night tracks.
The Witches are next in action on Sunday, when they travel to Scunthorpe for a Championship fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Ritchie Hawkins side are in good form right now and will look at Scunthorpe for a similar result to their last away fixture, where they won at Berwick by 10.
Meanwhile, Mildenhall Fen Tigers travel to Lakeside tomorrow night in a National League fixture.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 CCTV released following series of burglaries
- 10 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
After a fine away victory at Cradley in a league encounter, the Suffolk side will be looking for another victory which would send them into the top five in the table.