Witches grab a point thanks to Heeps and Barker
Redcar Bears 47 Ipswich Witches 45
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches picked up a Premier League point after a narrow two-point victory at Redcar.
However, only Ben Barker and Cameron Heeps did themselves any real justice, with the Witches having far too many last places. Indeed only a final heat 5-1 maximum to Ipswich made the score look closer than it really was.
“In the end we have picked up a point and after being 10 points down, I can’t be too unhappy with that,” said Witches team boss Pete Simmons.
“Cameron Heeps was simply superb, taking the racing to Redcar.”
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich: B Barker 9+4, C Heeps 13+1, R Tungate 8, M Risager 5+1, L Lanham 6, A Ellis 0, R Hawkins 4+1.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'