Witches need one final League win to put more pressure on Plymouth Devils in the race for the play-offs
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches will look to end their regular Premier League campaign with a third straight victory on Thursday night – this time against Peterborough Panthers.
Ipswich can put themselves 12 points clear in the final play-off place should they pick up all three points tonight – leaving play-off rivals Plymouth, who have five meetings still to race, needing 13 points from those fixtures – Ipswich’s race points difference being superior.
The home team welcome back Nico Covatti, pictured, tonight after his finger injury – and are at full strength for the first time since July.
That is good news against a Peterborough side who have already qualified for the play-offs but who have suffered a host of injuries this season – the latest being skipper Ulrich Ostergaard, while former Mildenhall Fen Tiger Lewis Blackbird announced his retirement from the sport last week.
The loss of No.1 Ollie Allen during the first few weeks of the season and the shock move to bring in Ben Barker for teen sensation Robert Lambert recently, means it has been nothing if not interesting at the East of England Showground.
You may also want to watch:
Barker and King’s Lynn guest Nicklas Porsing will lead the visitors charge. But after recent home performances, the Witches should attack the meeting with confidence.
Witches: 1. Danny King (C) 9.49, 2. Cameron Heeps 6.04, 3. Gino Manzares 5.44, 4. Rohan Tungate 7.07, 5. Nico Covatti 7.55, 6. Stefan Nielsen 4.34, 7. Ashley Morris 4.19
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
Panthers: 1. Nick Porsing (G), 2. Emil Grondal 7.00, 3. R/R, 4. Michael Palm Toft 6.20, 5. Ben Barker 7.55, 6. Rafa Konopka 3.00, 7. Simon Lambert (C) 5.40
Mike’s prediction: Witches 51 Panthers 39
For twitter updates throughout the meeting follow @Mike_Bacon