Witches on-song as Comets sent into orbit
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Witches 53 Workington Comets 37
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches made it one Premier League defeat from their last 10 meetings with a battling victory over high-flying Workington Comets at Foxhall.
But the Suffolk side were left sweating on the fitness of young Aussie star Cameron Heeps who was taken to hospital with a suspected broken wrist after a heat eight crash.
On an evening of falls, exclusions and crashes the Witches had to show all their character to defeat their Cumbrian rivals.
And they passed the test with flying colours.
You may also want to watch:
This was a tough one for Ipswich, who started sloppily but gained their composure, ironically after the loss of young Heeps.
In the second half of the meeting they really showed their class and the racing was thrilling as the evening went on.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
All the Witches top order contributed with Ritchie Hawkins again impressing at reserve. Ben Barker was simply stunning, while Tungate bounced back after his crash to record three straight victories.
Witches: Barker 13+1, Heeps 3, Tungate 11, Risager 7+1, Lanham 9, Ellis 2+2, Hawkins 8+2