Witches run into guest problems
IPSWICH'S difficulties in getting guests for last night's meeting were caused by only having three Elite League clubs to draw from.Poole were ruled out by the eight-day appearance rule - they are at Foxhall on Monday -while Swindon were riding at home to Eastbourne and Peterborough were due to meet Belle Vue.
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH'S difficulties in getting guests for last night's meeting were caused by only having three Elite League clubs to draw from.
Poole were ruled out by the eight-day appearance rule - they are at Foxhall on Monday -while Swindon were riding at home to Eastbourne and Peterborough were due to meet Belle Vue.
Of the Lakeside team Krzysztof Kasprzak and Adam Shields have averages that are too high, Andreas Jonsson and Joonas Kylmakorpi are both injured anyway while Ricky Kling and Lubos Tomicek are not in the country.
You may also want to watch:
Wolverhampton's Peter Karlsson, Freddie Lindgren, David Howe and Billy Hamill have too high averages while Magnus Karlsson and Kenneth Hansen are not in the country leaving just Carl Wilkinson and William Lawson.
Coventry had five riders on loan last night, with Scott Nicholls, Rory Schlein and Chris Harris having too high averages for Ipswich's situation, Steve Johnston guesting at Swindon and Ollie Allen injured. The Witches were able to book Billy Janniro and Martin Smolinski.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
In a situation that sums up one of the problems with speedway, Ipswich ride at Coventry tonight and will be in opposition to Janniro and Smolinski. The Witches face a tough test against one of the Elite League title favourites.
They plan to bring in No. 8 Chris Schramm in place of Kim Jansson and will utilise the rider replacement facility for Jesper B Jensen.
Tonight's likely teams - Coventry: S Nicholls, rider replacement for O Allen, R Schlein, M Smolinski, C Harris, B Janniro, S Johnston.
Ipswich: Rider replacement for JB Jensen, C Schramm, C Louis, Z Suchecki, R Miskowiak, M Rempala, T Kroner.