Woodbridge Warriors to play Southwold in Suffolk Chadacre Cup final
- Credit: Archant
There’s a David versus Goliath clash in the Suffolk Chadacre Cup final this weekend.
Woodbridge Warriors, of the Eastern Counties league, do battle with Southwold, who ply their trade a league higher in London 3 North.
The Warriors are the defending champions, having won the trophy for the first time in their 48 year history last year in an upset 24-8 victory against Stowmarket.
And having seen off Clacton in the semi-final in February, in a 37-12 win, the Warriors will defend their title on Saturday at Hatchley Barn, Orford Road, Bromeswell, IP12 2PP.
It will be a tough task for the east Suffolk side, who currently sit fifth in the Eastern Counties One table, with Southwold, who won promotion last season, flying high in the their first campaign in London 3 North.
You may also want to watch:
They are currently fourth, a place ahead of Suffolk rivals Stowmarket. Kick-off is 2pm so fans can still catch the England match.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain