World Freestyle champion visits Claydon High School
World Freestyle Football Champion Colin Nell visited Claydon High School last week to give a special assembly in the Sports Hall.
Nell, a fantastic athlete and motivational speaker, demonstrated some of his impressive skills on the day.
He was then on hand to start the school’s annual fancy dress Fun Run with a special Olympic theme.
The visit was a part of the school’s ongoing commitment to promoting sport and work linked to London 2012 and the Olympic and Paralympic Values, as well as raising money towards equipment for the Fitness Gym.
The school regularly demonstrates the importance of key values friendship, determination and excellence through its many sporting events and promotes the values through different classroom activities.
You may also want to watch:
A mini ‘Claydon Olympics’ – a themed day for Year 10 students was recently held and Olympic athlete Jamie Baulch has been invited to talk to all students in assembly.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down