Spurs hero targets third
TOTTENHAM hero Peter Crouch has targeted overhauling Arsenal on the final day of the season after firing Spurs into to the Champions League.
The former Portsmouth striker got the only goal against Manchester City to guarantee Spurs fourth place at least but he hopes to secure an automatic place in the Champions League group stages by leapfrogging Arsenal in third.
Harry Redknapp’s men must beat Burnley and hope the Gunners slip up at home to Europa League finalists Fulham.
“If Arsenal lose, we’ve got an opportunity, and there’s no way we won’t be up for it on the last day just because we’ve qualified for the Champions League.
“We’ll be going all out to finish strongly at Burnley and get a result, and see what happens.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve got to be honest, we didn’t dream about catching Arsenal. They were challenging for the title at one point, and we were never in the title race. But it’s a possibility and that would be fantastic, the icing on the cake.”
- 1 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 5 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 8 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 9 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 10 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich