Spurs hero targets third
TOTTENHAM hero Peter Crouch has targeted overhauling Arsenal on the final day of the season after firing Spurs into to the Champions League.
The former Portsmouth striker got the only goal against Manchester City to guarantee Spurs fourth place at least but he hopes to secure an automatic place in the Champions League group stages by leapfrogging Arsenal in third.
Harry Redknapp’s men must beat Burnley and hope the Gunners slip up at home to Europa League finalists Fulham.
“If Arsenal lose, we’ve got an opportunity, and there’s no way we won’t be up for it on the last day just because we’ve qualified for the Champions League.
“We’ll be going all out to finish strongly at Burnley and get a result, and see what happens.
“I’ve got to be honest, we didn’t dream about catching Arsenal. They were challenging for the title at one point, and we were never in the title race. But it’s a possibility and that would be fantastic, the icing on the cake.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 10 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents