Tevez tells Neville to shut it
CARLOS Tevez was out to prove Gary Neville wrong.That's according to Manchester City team-mate and fellow Argentinian Pablo Zabaleta, after Tevez scored twice against former club Manchester United in the Carling Cup last night.
CARLOS Tevez was out to prove Gary Neville wrong.
That's according to Manchester City team-mate and fellow Argentinian Pablo Zabaleta, after Tevez scored twice against former club Manchester United in the Carling Cup last night.
Long-serving United defender Neville had suggested manager Sir Alex Ferguson was right to move the striker on in the summer, but
Tevez took exception to the remarks and responded with both goals in the 2-1 semi-final first leg victory at Eastlands.
You may also want to watch:
After he had drilled home the penalty that pulled his side level Tevez spotted Neville warming up on the touchline - he indicated the full-back should keep his mouth shut.
The response was one fingered, which just drew more 'shut it' taunts from Tevez, who has now scored 17 goals this season.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 Police seize 37 dogs and make one arrest after raid in Essex
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
The gesture could also land Neville in hot water with the FA.
Zabaleta said: "One Manchester United player talked about Carlos before the game so he showed he is top class, a top player.
“He is amazing, everyone knows Carlos is a great player. Everyone loves him. This was a special game for him, one he has been dreaming about.”