Vote to help Aldeburgh Carnival scoop a national award
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Aldeburgh Carnival has been shortlisted for a national award - just ahead of this year’s event.
The annual event has been chosen by holiday rentals site HolidayLettings.co.uk (owned by TripAdvisor) as one of the final 11 competitors in the running for the UK’s Most Popular Carnival Award. Other nominations include Sheringham and Wells-next-the-Sea carnivals in Norfolk.
News comes as preparations are being finalised for this year’s three-day seaside spectacular, to run from August 18-20.
Aldeburgh Carnival has already won Family Tourism Event of the Year at the East Anglian Daily Times and Eastern Daily Press Norfolk and Suffolk Tourism Awards 2018.
The carnival is believed to be at least 170 years old, and was known as Ye Olde Marine Regatta as long ago as 1835.
This year’s event will be the 76th in its current format, with the theme “Fly Me to the Moon.” It will include an expanded Musical Saturday, as well as arena displays, competitions and the lantern procession, with a special fireworks display to round it off.
To win the Most Popular Carnival award, the carnival will need to receive the most votes online by August 21. The winning carnival will receive an award certificate. To vote, visit the website.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 North Stander: Now we can win ugly, and that's so important